Taipei Mileage Runs – Atlanta

This post is by Katie, about her two-night trip from Birmingham to visit her parents.

JT drove me to catch my 4:50am MegaBus from Birmingham to Atlanta ($11 each way). This bus was going from Memphis to Atlanta, and just stopping in Birmingham. Surprisingly, no one got off and I was the only one to board. The bus left right on time.

The wifi did not work on the bus, so I listened to podcasts during the ride. We arrived in Atlanta at the Civic Center station at 8:50am. I bought a Breeze Card ($2, valid 3 years) and put two trips on it ($5). Then I took MARTA up to the North Springs station.

My dad picked me up from the North Springs station, and we went to their office. I got some work done until lunch time. My dad and I went to Zaxby’s for lunch. Then we went back to the office. My mom was taking an online course until 5:30pm, but then we went to sushi restaurant Rice. We had a great dinner, with soup, scallops, and three sushi rolls split between my dad and I. My mom enjoyed a large steak meal that also looked really good. My dad and I had the house sake while my mom had red wine.

Lunch at The Foster House

I slept in a bit Thursday morning before heading into the office with my mom. I got some work done before lunch. For lunch we went to the Foster House. I enjoyed some great chicken tenders, sweet potato chips, sweet potato soufflé, and peach cobbler. It was good as always. After lunch I got a bit more work done before we headed home. We relaxed at home and cooked a small dinner of fried eggs and toast.

The next morning I woke at 9am and relaxed with my parents until it was time to drive to MARTA at 12:15pm. I took MARTA to the Civic Center station. There were many Alabama and Florida fans on the train with me heading to the SEC championship. I arrived at the Civic Center station at 1:30pm and got in line for my 2pm MegaBus to Birmingham ($11 each way).

The MegaBus ended up being pretty full – multiple passengers had to share rows.  I was able to get the backwards facing seat at the general seating table, and no one sat next to me.  The driver seemed a bit uncomfortable driving, especially when we had to drive around a closed section of interstate near Birmingham.  Even with the detour, we still arrived five minutes ahead of schedule.

It was a quick trip, but I enjoyed seeing my parents for a bit. It was nice to be home for a bit!

Leave a Reply